Terms and conditions
All holidays operated by Fat Tyres Mountainbiking (“We”) are sold to the signatories above (“the Clients” or “you”) subject to the following conditions:
- Booking. To book send in a completed form and we will invoice you for the total cost less deposit paid. The booking is not accepted until the date on this invoice. Final payment must be made no later than 8 weeks before departure. We reserve the right to cancel your booking should payment be received late.
- Your contract with us. Details of exactly what is and is not included in your contract with We are shown in the current trip itinerary. You should be familiar with the details of this before booking.
- Cancellation by you. If you wish to cancel your trip or transfer to another we require full written confirmation. For any trip where the full payment is made on booking the charge made for cancellation is 50%. Otherwise the amount non-refundable will be your initial deposit.
- Cancellation by us. We will only cancel your trip if we are forced to do so by unusual or unforeseeable circumstances. If so we will offer you an alternative. If this is not acceptable we will refund monies received in respect of the cost of the trip (excluding insurance premiums). We will not be liable for any other expenses which you have incurred as a result of your booking.
- Tour changes. This type of adventure holiday will always be subject to changes in itinerary and it is a fundamental condition of your booking that you accept this. You must accept that the web site gives you a guide as to what to expect from your holiday but that there will still be considerable flexibility when on the trip. You will not be refunded for any services not utilised.
- Tour leaders. You must abide by the authority of your trip leaders. If they believe that your behaviour presents any risk to the safety of the group you may be asked to leave the group. You will not be entitled to any refund.
- Complaints. If you have a complaint about your trip you should communicate it to the leader so that remedial action can be taken if possible. In any event you must notify us of any complaint, in writing, within 14 days of the trip finish.
- Insurance. Before coming on a trip you must have adequate insurance. If you have your own policy, full details of this must be supplied to us with or before final payment, and a full copy of the policy given to your trip leader on arrival.
- Company responsibilities. We accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss arising from a failure to carry out the contract, or in the process of carrying out the contract, as a result of a) actions by the Client or b) unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond the control of Fat Tyres or c) any event which we, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall or d) the theft of or damage to bicycles or other equipment or injury to the Client which occur as result of cycling on or off a road, or while in transit in any vehicle, or at any other time during the holiday. Where were found to be liable for any damages, howsoever arising, these damages shall be limited to the price paid for the trip.
- Cycle Hire.
a) All hired cycles remain the property of Fat Tyres Mountainbiking or the hire company and shall not be sold, hired or loaned out by the Client.
b) The Client acknowledges that the cycle hired is in good condition and undertakes to return the cycle and any accessories in that same condition, or to make a payment to Fat Tyres Mountainbiking or the hire company, immediately on demand, sufficient to return the cycle to that condition.
c) We shall not be liable for any damage or loss arising from the Client's use of the equipment. The Client shall indemnify Fat TyresMountainbiking or the hire company against any claim howsoever arising as a result of the Client's use of the cycle during the period of hire.
d) In the event that the cycle and/or any accessories are lost or stolen the Client shall indemnify Fat Tyres Mountainbiking or the hire companyfor the costs of replacing those items. Should the equipment subsequently be returned in a satisfactory condition these moneys will be repaid.
e) The Client will ensure that the cycle is adequately secured when not in use and will immediately notify Fat TyresMountainbiking or one of it's representatives in the event of any theft, loss, breakdown or other occurrence relating to the cycle or associated accessories.
f) All moneys due in relation to the hire of cycles will be added to the trip cost and will be payable in accordance with our booking conditions.